For the next few weeks, I’ll be running a series of blog posts, each one featuring a representative from a different decade of life. Each subject will respond to the same five questions. As readers, we get to consider in which ways the answers differ due to age and in which ways they differ due to individual personality.
Launching this series is a voice from the first decade of life, ages 0-10. Emma is in the fifth grade and lives in Minnesota.
1. Think of a specific time you felt joy. What was going on, and why were you so happy in that moment?
When I was at Disney. Because I was at Disney, and it was awesome. Because you don’t get to go there all the time.
2. What are some of your favorite sounds?
The popcorn popper. (Click for Popcorn!)
Fingernails on a chalkboard because it sounds cool and gives you chills. (Click here to wince at the screeeeech!)
Songs sung by my little sister.
3. What makes you feel upset or angry? Why?
When my brother annoys me. Because it bugs me and he does it all the time. Even after I tell him to stop.
4. What is something in your life that feels hard for you these days? Tell us about it.
Getting my brother to stop bugging me. Without getting myself in trouble.
5. If you were to recommend a book, author, movie, tv show, or musical group to readers, what would it be? What’s so great about it?
The Dork Diaries series. Because it is a good series.
The movie Cheaper by the Dozen. It’s funny.